“Dynamic, engaging, impactful” -Paul Gardner, VP HR, Suncor
From the moment he steps on stage, Hugh grabs an audience with stories, insights, and practical lessons. Not one for fancy theories, or boring lectures, Hugh presents with one objective: to teach how to THINK, PLAN, and ACT better to create EXTRAORDINARY RESULTS in work and life. That’s it.
Typically rated as “best of the event”, Hugh has received STANDING OVATIONS from leading organizations, including: Royal Bank of Canada, Suncor, BC Lottery Corporation, CGA Canada, Investors Group, Envision Credit Union, Imperial Oil, Sun-Rype Products, Food Services America, and four universities.
Watch Hugh in action (2 min)
“His strategies work!” Sandy McIntosh, VP HR, Telus Communications
Event Planner: My best engagements allow me to push the audience, not with motivational quotes, but with solid arguments, a bit of humour, and good-old common sense, well delivered.
That’s when I get standing ovations.
If you have an event that needs a get-them-out-of-their-seats presentation that delivers solid, practical lessons anyone can use, let’s talk.
THINK, PLAN, ACT –
How to Create Extraordinary Results in the Age of Distraction
It is possible to survive – even excel – in our new Age of Distraction, but only if you change how you Think, Plan, and Act. Based on his best-selling book, Give Me a Break, Hugh Culver’s high-energy keynote is perfect for busy people with To-Do lists that never end.
Consistently voted as “best of the event”, Think, Plan, Act challenges audiences to rethink what it means to be “effective” and how to create real results and a rich life.
Part motivational, part instructional, and definitely memorable, this content-rich keynote is an exciting experience for any audience. Nurses, CEO’s, salespeople, and accountants have all voted with standing ovations to Hugh’s Think, Plan, Act.
“You were instrumental in the success of our Conference.” -Hank Oostveen, VP, UNIGLOBE Travel
“…insightful, educational, and entertaining. A perfect high note to end our conference on.” -Vik Kail, HR, Bayer CropScience Canada
What You Will Learn
- THINK – changing your results starts by changing your story (your audience will actually experience this)! This life-changing lesson continues to impact chronic procrastinators, frustrated leaders, and overwhelmed employees.
- PLAN – interruptions are inevitable – poor planning shouldn’t be. Learn how to Plan Like a Pilot and work from a Flight Plan to literally create time for your most important work.
- ACT – exercising the secret power of habits can improve your willpower, resilience, productivity, and your results. You will learn the three parts to any habit and how new rewards can create new habits almost immediately.
Seminars & Breakouts
RECLAIMING THE CLOCK –
Getting More of the Right Stuff Done Every Day
It’s easy to get busy. Email, interruptions, meetings, and clutter can keep us busy, distracted from what’s really important, and discouraged. Without help, “busy” becomes the excuse for ongoing missed deadlines, procrastination, needless rushing, and mistakes.
Hugh Culver’s ReClaiming the Clock is an exciting new approach to getting beyond survival and excelling at getting the right stuff done. His proven Plan Like A Pilot model will show you how to free up time for planning, improving systems, reconnecting with staff, and creative thinking. And for many graduates, they also create exciting improvements in their personal time for family, relaxation, exercise – even fun.
Based on Hugh’s best-selling book Give Me A Break, this popular keynote provides a simple roadmap discipline delegates can follow long after the event is over.
“Brilliant solutions for one of our greatest challenges—making the best of every day.” –Peter Robinson, CEO, The David Suzuki Foundation
What You Will Learn
- The secret of keeping your Boulders rolling.
- How to avoid the Deadly Interruptis Disease.
- Why you need to move from a To-Do list to Planning like a Pilot.
- Eight ways to Jump Start your Day – in charge and in control.
- How to adopt the 2 Minute Rule and quickly reduce distractions.
- Get 12 strategies for putting meetings on a diet.
“You taught us little things we can change for the better and you practiced that in your presentation today.” –Roy Martin, Regional Vice President, PepsiCo Foods Canada