Experts Enterprise Podcast
This is the podcast for speakers, consultants, coaches, and on-line marketers who want to grow their influence and income. Learn from experts like: Jay Baer, Guy Kawasaki, and John Lee Dumas. Get insights from author, entrepreneur, and speaker Hugh Culver about what works, what doesn’t work, and what you definitely want to avoid as you grow your expertise, and enterprise.
EE-046 – How to Survive as a Road Warrior
At first you don’t have enough work, then you start accepting everything … you are a road warrior.
I started out in KV’s car getting changed (even cleaned up) in gas station wash rooms. Eventually leading to 110 events a year, 80 of those I did the presentations.
Things are a bit different now. 5 yrs ago, I increased prices and dropped to 45 events a year.
Here are 5 lessons I learned from years as a road warrior.
5 Lessons to Excel as a Road Warrior:
- realize it comes with the territory.
- like the tourism industry
- you get paid a lot for little time
- block dates for no-work time
- create lists:
- Download the checklist – before/during/after
- presentation set up (training and keynote)
- have an exercise routine
- even if its only 15 minutes
- plan night before:
- time to eat
- time to leave room
- use alarms! (had client call me in room)
- get sleep/keep TV to min.
- even if you haven’t fully prepped – get sleep
Share the love! www.hughculver.com/love
Subscribe Have you subscribed to Expert’s Enterprise podcast? Click below to get started!