I’m a recovering over-achiever who researches, writes, and speaks on how to THINK better, PLAN smarter, and ACT now on what really matters.
I speak 45 times a year either on the main stage teaching my Think, Plan, Act model (last year I had 25 standing ovations) or one of my three workshops (leadership, conflict, time). The rest of my work time is dedicated to helping other speakers grow their business.
Some facts about me
- Co-founded the world’s most exclusive tour company and only private flights to the South Pole.
- Built (or was a partner) in five businesses, including eco-tourism, construction, training and development, and whitewater rafting.
- Selected to present (over 1,000 speeches and counting) to Telus, Royal Bank of Canada, Fortis, PepsiCo, Shoppers Drug Mart, UBC, Canfor, and Suncor.
- Canadian best-selling author (Give Me a Break—The Art of Making Time Work For You)
- Ultra distance athlete, mountain climber, father, husband
- Presented to faculty at four universities and three colleges
- MBA, CSP (one of 50 Canadian Certified Speaking Professionals), CFP (one of 150 Canadian Certified Facilitation Professionals)
Give Me a Break–the art of making time work for you (Hugh Culver) of course it had to be #1 on the list.
The Power of Habit (Charles Duhigg) The best summation I have read on why we keep our habits and how to rebuild them (start by reading the Appendix where Duhigg explains how he rebuilt his afternoon cookie habit – great theory summation).
Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us (Daniel H Pink)